December 12, 2010

What's Bugging You?


This would make a good shot for an entry to Weekend Reflections
The mother was busy taking photos of his son,
not at all mindful of whatever was going on 
around her,
nor of the ordeal the son had to go through
when a bug landed on his philtrum.

He tried several times to blow it off with an exhalation,
He tried to move his lips.
Who would ever wish for such a visit
even for seconds of the ten minutes before the changing of the guards?

How he wished there was someone to help him shoo it off.

I on my part, didn't dare look up and watch him that closely,
we've done a lot of practice at home
and I have always made him laugh.

That is life my son,
There will be instances when,
one can never be so well prepared.
There will be times when,
 you will just have to believe
that there is time for relief.
The bug did not stay long,
It moved to his nose 
and he cringed 
and it left.

We did thank God that he didn't sneeze.
He kept blowing his nose backstage
I thanked my boy for not telling me about it then,
as the two hours would not be the same.
We had an enjoyable weekend,
as shown in photos below.
ENJOY






7 comments:

  1. Very nice reflection ; I'm very fond of uniforms, that probably why your pictures touched my heart... Lovely worlds about your son too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eh ! Superbes reflets originaux. Une bonne idée de prendre dans le casque. Bravo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What wonderful reflection photos you have! And so personal. I love the story of the bug too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool reflections! Very creative too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. he's a very disciplined young man
    love the reflections

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all for the encouragement.
    @James, thanks for the meme, haven't been this observant of my surroundings.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...