November 16, 2010

Rewards of the Simple Life -2

     I've just fed my soul with this:

Ecclesiastes 2:24-25 So I decided there is nothing better than to enjoy food and drink and to find satisfaction in work. Then I realized that these pleasures are from the hand of God. 25 For who can eat or enjoy anything apart from him?[b] 26 God gives wisdom, knowledge, and joy to those who please him. But if a sinner becomes wealthy, God takes the wealth away and gives it to those who please him. This, too, is meaningless—like chasing the wind. 



when hubby suggested we go somewhere for breakfast. 


       A child's crying broke off the spell.  It was soon followed by a young mother scolding her young one for having a tantrum.  I don't dare turn around and look at the mother for fear of adding fuel to her exasperation.  Hubby said it is time to leave.  I looked around.  The place is filled with awkward silence.   I wanted so much to comfort the young mother, to tell her that she is in the right place. It is Mc Donald's. I caught a glimpse of the whole place, packed with people and their laptops, a scattered few reading and writing on their notebooks, and a group of young men  enjoying their lunch break as we passed them by on our way down the flight of stairs. The clock downstairs said 1 o'clock. 


      I shifted my plans of watching my in-laws' expression as they enjoy my stewed sea cucumber for lunch.  Our conversation on Confucius, Lao Tze and King Solomon went on as we drove over to visit them.  My mother-in-law and father-in-law just had their nap when we got to their place.  She is in her late 70's and he in his early 90's.  I have never lived with them to really get to know what conversations they would have with each other.   We need not talk much.  We did not stay long.
   
Jeremiah 6:16
This is what the LORD says: “Stand at the crossroads and look; ask for the ancient paths, ask where the good way is, and walk in it, and you will find rest for your souls.



Hubby and I continued our conversation.  I suggested another place to be, enjoy the scenes.























No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...