November 6, 2010

In Gratitude To My First Follower

Call it a day,
It's too early.
Call it a night,
It can't be right.


It was 2 am Nov. 6,2010.
I visited my stats in Blogger
savouring the moment of each stagger.
Just before I see the number
Did I see a follower?


There it was in black and white
One kind heart  who's visited my site.
Clicked to see whom it could be
Got to believe my eyes, it is she.


Not the first one with my comment
Got to treasure this very moment
Blogs of Note, for you to know
Features a blog for the day
One in millions the whole world to see
"Lights on the map were blinking like a Christmas Tree"
"people all over the world were looking back at me!  "





Thrilled for her and for what she's shared,
To her I wrote and cheered:


51. Becky Chalet said... 

Congratulations! God be glorified with your gifts.
To  my surprise she answered:
53. Donna Perugini said... 
Becky Chalet,

Thank you for your congrats! He does get the glory!
Her graciousness I deemed sufficient
Her words of encouragement never a transient

If Blogs of Note made her queen for a day,
She should see what her following made me say.



2 comments:

  1. Nice poem Beck. You are gifted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Wiskun, and to think that this came from you, I am elated!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...