October 14, 2010

Thank God for Disappointments

It is not a welcome guest
but after having entertained countless of them,
It would just simply be unfair to the Giver
If I am not honest enough to admit
that there is a great blessing behind each one.

I thank God I didn't buy my citizenship early on,
I thank God I didn't get to take my CPA Board Exam
being a foreigner in the land of my birth
I thank God I didn't get admitted to AIM
I thank God that I was weak enough and fled
instead of hanging in there and strove
I thank God for giving me the chance to let go
because it is only through it all
that I got to hear the desire that He put in my heart.

To live this life designed for me
To have a son to pass this principle on
To make sure that my dear son learns
to just meet disappointment at the door
and entertain the one sitting inside,
the desire that He has put in his heart
to speak the truth that could set him free
to do what He has created him to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...